SCOPE AND EFFECTIVE DATE OF THE PLAN
The New York Workers’ Compensation Statistical Plan (“Plan”) is applicable for the reporting of New York data on direct business written for Workers’ Compensation, Voluntary Compensation and Employers’ Liability Insurance. Acting under the direction of the Superintendent of the New York State Department of Financial Services (“DFS”), and pursuant to Article 23 of the New York Insurance Law, each carrier’s experience must be submitted to the New York Compensation Insurance Rating Board (“Rating Board”) in accordance with all of the requirements specified in the Plan.
This Plan is applicable on a mandatory basis for the reporting of data for all data reported January 1, 2021 and thereafter, unless specifically noted otherwise.
ORGANIZATION OF THE PLAN
The New York Workers’ Compensation Statistical Plan is organized according to the following major parts:
- Table of Contents
- Part I – General Rules
- Part II – Header Data/Policy Information
- Part III – Exposure/Premium Information
- Part IV – Loss Information
- Part V – Subsequent Reports and Corrections
- Part VI - Codes
APPLICATION OF PLAN RULES
- Rules in this Plan apply separately to each unit statistical report, including any associated exposure and corresponding claims
- The effective date of a rule, or a change in a rule, is the date approved for use by the New York State Department of Financial Services (“DFS”)
- The application of payroll and losses used to calculate an employer’s experience modification is in accordance with the New York Experience Rating Plan Manual
- Classification code assignment and basis of premium are determined by the New York Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability Manual (“Manual”)
The effective date of change in any part of this Plan is 12:01 a.m. on the date specified on the Plan page. Any change will be issued on a reprinted page and will be designated by a «. Unless otherwise specified, each change applies only for the data reporting that occurs on or after the effective date of the change.
Matters of general information and amendments to this Plan are distributed to members and subscribers via R.C. Bulletins.