Class Code Information
PhraseologyClerical Office Employees – NOC
Code 8810 is subject to the Standard Exception Manual Rule IV – Classifications of this Manual. This classification is not available for division of payroll.
Code 8810 applies to clerical office employees whose duties include creation or maintenance of financial or other employer records, handling correspondence, computer composition, technical drafting, and telephone duties, including sales by phone, and any other related duties, provided the employee is not:
- regularly or frequently exposed to an operative hazard of the business;
- a stock or tally clerk whose work is necessary, incidental, or part of any other operation of the business other than clerical office;
- a cashier in a store whose duties include the handling of merchandise or is otherwise exposed to the store operations; or
- an executive officer, outside salesperson, or representative.
If the employee performs any of the duties described in (i), (ii), (iii), or (iv) above, then the entire payroll of the employee is assigned to the carrier’s highest rated classification of work to which the employee is exposed.
A clerical office employee must work in an area separated by floors, walls, partitions, counters or other physical barriers. These employees are not to be regularly exposed to the operative hazards of the business.
Assignment by Analogy
• Computer system designers or programmers – exclusively office
• Drafting employees
Operations to be Separately Rated
Auditors, accountant or factory cost or office systematizer – traveling. Refer to Code 8803 “Clerical Service Contractor – Traveling.”
Banks and trust companies. Refer to Code 8855 “Bank and Trust Companies – All Employees & Clerical, Outside Salespersons, Drivers.”
Insurance companies. Refer to Code 8723 “Insurance Companies & Clerical, Salespersons.”
Clerical office employees whose duties include creation or maintenance of financial or other employer records, handling correspondence, computer composition, technical drafting, and telephone duties, including sales by phone, from their residence. Refer to Code 8871 “Telecommuter Clerical Employees.”