Class Code Information
PhraseologyWholesale Store – NOC
Code 8018 applies to employers engaged in wholesale selling of merchandise not described by a specialty wholesale store classification.
Includes wholesale dealers of greeting cards who buy finished cards from greeting card manufacturers for resale to retail stores. Wholesale dealers may also engage in some finishing operations usually performed by a greeting card manufacturer such as pasting or attaching novelties, decorations and ribbons. Operations also include sorting, examining, collating, counting, boxing, packing and shipping.
This classification includes internet or mail order sales to individuals of merchandise not described by a specialty wholesale store classification.
Assignment by Analogy
• Package consolidators – receiving packages from other firms for sorting and consolidating
• Contract packing – receiving bulk merchandise for repackaging
• Incubating and shipping day-old chicks – no farm operations
• Dealers in sausage casings – no cleaning
• Eggs – including incidental sorting, candling, grading and packing in cartons and crates