Class Code Information
PhraseologyAviation – Transportation of Personnel in Conduct of Employer’s Business – Flying Crew
Code 7421 applies to the payroll of pilots and all members of the flying crew. Also applies to the payroll of executive officers or other employees who operate fixed-wiring aircraft in the conduct of the employer’s business. If the records of the employer clearly indicate the weeks in which such employees perform flying:
- Only the payroll for each week during any part of which the employee has engaged in flight duties is to be assigned to this classification code, unless the classification code applicable to the employee’s non-flying operations carries a higher rate, in which case that classification code will apply.
- The payroll in each week in which no flying has been done is to be assigned to those classification codes that would otherwise apply. If the records of the employer do not clearly indicate the weeks in which flying is performed by such employees, the entire payroll for such employees must be assigned to this classification code unless the classification applicable to the employee’s non-flying operations carries a higher rate in which case that classification code will apply.
Employees who are transported as passengers and who are not members of the flying crew are to have their payroll and losses assigned to their standard occupational classification. Refer to Rule VIII “Executive Officers” Section (A)(8) of this Manual.
Assignment by AnalogyNo Information
Operations to be Separately Rated
Aerial photography other than mapping or surveying work – ground laboratory employees. Refer to Code 4361 “Photographer – All Employees & Drivers.”
Airline ticket offices – information and ticket clerk – no baggage handling or weighing – not located at the airport. Refer to Code 8810 “Clerical Office Employees – NOC.”
Air carrier – scheduled, commuter or supplemental. Refer to Code 7405 “Aviation – Air Carrier – Scheduled, Commuter or Supplemental – Flying Crew.”
Airports – security personnel supplied by contracting agencies including drivers. Refer to Code 7723 “Detective or Patrol Agency & Drivers.”
Air carrier – scheduled, commuter or supplemental – all other employees and drivers. Air carrier – charter – all other employees and drivers. Refer to Code 7403 “Aviation – Aerial Application, Seeding, Herding or Scintillometer Surveying – All Other Employees & Drivers.”
- Aviation – Flying Crew:
- Aerial application, seeding, herding or scintillometer surveying
- Aerial firefighting
- Aviation – NOC
- Flight testing
- Patrol, photography, mapping, or survey work
- Sales or service agency or student instruction
- Stunt flying, racing or parachute jumping
Refer to Code 7422 “Aviation – Aerial Application, Seeding, Herding or Scintillometer Surveying – Flying Crew.”