Class Code Information
PhraseologySewer Construction – All Operations to Completion & Drivers
Includes tunneling at street crossings when not performed under air pressure.
Separately rate permanent surface restoration.
Code 6306 applies to employers engaged in sewer construction operations. It applies to the installation of force main-type sewage work, the installation of storm sewer lines including the outfall, construction of drain concrete boxes, catch basins, manholes, laying of pipe and similar operations for storm sewer systems. This classification also applies to all types of storm and sanitary sewer construction projects, regardless of the size of pipe and the depth below the ground surface, including all related operations, such as mechanical or hand tool trench digging, boring, hauling and laying of pipe (even large dimension pipe), making connections, masonry and concrete work, fence construction work, filling or backfilling, tunneling at street crossings etc.
Assignment by Analogy
• Concrete contractors – culverts – sewer construction
• Concrete – pipe – sewer
• Culverts – sheet metal – cutting, shaping hand brakes and assembling by soldering with little or no power press work or corrugating, welding or riveting
• Culverts – power press blanking, punching, drawing and corrugating and assembling by welding or riveting
• Municipalities – sewer – pressure including connections
• Sewer or soil lines – clay, concrete, iron or steel
• Sewer construction – including tunneling only at street crossings – not under air pressure including connections