Class Code Information
PhraseologyFireproof Equipment Mfg.
Includes filing equipment and incidental woodworking.
Code 3076 applies to employers engaged in manufacturing and fabricating sheet metal products such as metal furniture, cabinets, garment racks, awnings, canopies, industrial appliances and other similar products. The process begins with the cutting to size and bending to shape of the sheet metal. The parts are then assembled with nuts and bolts, or riveted, crimped or welded together. After being sanded or ground smooth, the finished product may be electroplated or painted.
Assignment by Analogy
• Electronically controlled moveable metal frames
Operations to be Separately Rated
Fireproof doors or shutters manufacturing which are wood covered with metal or structural or reinforced materials. Refer to Code 3060 “Door, Door Frame or Sash Mfg. – Wood – Metal Covered.”
- Air conditioners – commercial. Refer to Code 3724 “Machinery or Equipment Erection or Installation – NOC – All Operations to Completion & Drivers.”
- Air conditioners – residential – window. Refer to Code 9519 “Household Appliances – Electrical – Installation, Service or Repair & Drivers.”
- Awnings – metal – aluminum. Refer to Code 9539 “Awning, Tent or Canvas Goods Erection, Removal or Repair – All Operations to Completion & Drivers.”
- Bathtubs – enclosures, revolving doors, and solar energy panels. Refer to Code 5102 “Door, Door Frame or Sash Erection – Metal or Metal Covered – All Operations to Completion.”
Convectors. Refer to Code 5183 “Plumbing – NOC – All Operations to Completion & Drivers.”
Doors – overhead. Refer to Code 3724 “Machinery or Equipment Erection or Installation – NOC – All Operations to Completion & Drivers.”
Refrigerator or freezer refrigeration unit manufacturing or assembling. Refer to Code 3612 “Pump Mfg.”