Industry-Leading Customer Experience, Products and Research.
Objective. Thought-Leader.Find Out What We Do
New York Workers' Compensation Classification System
Animated Video, Pamphlet, and
Enhanced Research Tool
2022 Research Brief
An Examination of Recent Decreases in New York Workers’ Compensation Loss Development Factors
Experience Rating Transition
Resources for the new Experience Rating Plan and Formula Revisions
- Classification Digest 2.0 Search our Classification Database
- Experience Ratings View/Download Authorized Ratings
- Modifications Search Experience Mods
- Classification Premium Adjustment Apply for Premium Adjustment
- View All Online Services
- Expansion of the New York Medical and Indemnity Data Calls 2023-02-22
- COVID-19 Reporting / Non-Compensable Claims and Jurisdiction State Reporting 2023-01-26
- Revised Retrospective Rating Values; Effective October 1, 2023 2023-01-03
- Save the Date - 2023 Workers’ Compensation Forum and Annual Meeting
- View All RC Bulletins
Let Us Help You Navigate
NYCIRB's Online Products helps you navigate through our Research and submit your data.Online Services Overview
State of the System Report
A new interactive report on the New York State workers' compensation marketplace.State of the System Report
New Manual Released
New Edition of the New York Workers' Compensation & Employers' Liability Manual, Effective: May 1, 2020View WC&EL Manual
What We Do
The New York Compensation Insurance Rating Board (NYCIRB) is a non-profit, unincorporated association of insurance carriers, including the State Insurance Fund.
1. Data Collection
We collect the payroll, premium and loss data from each carrier.
Our actuaries crunch the numbers and analyze this data to develop an adequate loss cost structure.
We make filings with the New York State Department of Financial Services and publish research, reports, and State of the System updates.
Find out More About the Board